September 28, 2019

The Kalis Experiment (Tides Book I) by R. A. Fisher: A Review

"...Weird looking back on how things work out sometimes. Weird that something as mundane as an accounting problem could turn her into whatever she’d become."

- R. A. Fisher, The Kalis Experiment (Tides Book I)


The Kalis Experiment (Tides Book I) is the first book that I have read by R. A. Fisher. I have liked the vision of the post-apocalyptic world of the author in this book.



I have liked the character of the female protagonist, Syrina. She is doubly marginalized in a male-dominated and capitalistic world as a female and a servant or a Kalis. She is aware of this fact. I have liked the way the author has portrayed the gradual development of the self-awareness of her character from a willing servant to a person who questions her place and identity in the world where she is living. Her decision to go against her Ma'is, Ormo, to punish him for his inhumane use of the most humanistic feeling, love, is courageous.

The readers of Fantasy and Science Fiction novels will like this book.


Copyright 2019 by Bithi Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Professional Choices: Success and Satisfaction

All of us want to be successful in our chosen profession. But, some of us want to do something that they like. I know, most people do not ha...

Popular Posts from this Site